“…all I want to do, is to get back to you…”
Jagger & Richards
I hope my art reaches you.
It is childlike. It is colorful. It does not ask much.
Some of it might be a little strange or perhaps puzzling.
All of my work springs from joy. And a notion.
My daughter, Casey, said “There are so many colors that seem to come out of nowhere. They always make me smile.”
I hope they encourage you to smile, too, out of nowhere.
I hope it gives you something worthwhile, perhaps some delight or whimsied bemusement.
I try to get my art out in the world. Paintings, like any art form, are best experienced in person, without the filter of a photograph or website. I hope you get to see art live, any art — dance, theater, concert, poetry slam, gallery – up close and intimate.
“And I seem to find the happiness I seek
When we’re out together dancing, cheek to cheek”
My paintings are in private collections and have been featured in exhibitions in galleries and cultural centers:
- Essex Art Center – Lawrence, MA
- Provincetown Center for the Arts and Museum – Provincetown, MA
- Pagus Gallery – Norristown, PA
- Cattaraugus Arts Center – Allegheny, NY
- Siena Art Institute – Siena, Italy
- “Two Artists/Two Days” – Ira Gordon Center for the Arts – Waltham, MA
- “You are the Judge/You are the Jury” – Brooklyn, NY
- “The Perfect Ten” exhibit at the LOOK | Art Gallery – Mahopac, NY
- Urban Art Center – Chicago, IL
- Tointon Art Center – Greeley, CO
- Studio Place Arts – Barre, VT
- “Triple Threat: Paintings, Poems & Sculptures” – Brickbottom Studios Gallery – Somerville, MA
writings and press
My poems, fiction, essays, and artwork have been published in:
- The Tequila Review
- Boston Arts Journal
- The Grub Street Rag
- The Drum Magazine
- American Art Collectors Magazine
- The Artful Vagabond (online)
- Artsyshark (online)
I studied at Boston College (BA), University of Oregon (MFA) and Plymouth State University (MBA).
“Don’t let schooling interfere with your education.”
None of the above had much effect on my work as an artist.
Reading, seeing art, and dedicated practice has had the most positive effect on me. And our most valuable core education is living and experience, studying people and nature, places and spirit….
- Dogs, Cats, Birds & Critters.
- Bodies of Water, both running and still.
- Snowfall. You.
- Earth, Forest, Swamp & Hill